Are you aways in search for great lunch ideas? I love myself looking for all these great pics from lunch ideas we can find online these days. I find it such a pleasure to be at work and delight during my mealtime into a fresh homemade and healthy lunch. For this reason I recently purchased some lunch boxes from Sistema and I just had to find ideas to fill them 🙂 So here is a first suggestion for you if you’re also looking for lunch meals ideas : an easy 3 course Moroccan inspired lunch!
Cumin Carrot salad
INGREDIENTS (for 1)
– 1 cup of shaved carrots
– 3 tablespoons of orange juice
– 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin (of more if you want)
– Optional : 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
– 1 tablespoon of roasted pine nuts
– 1 tablespoon of golden raisins
– 2 tablespoons of minced cilantro
- Mix together in a bowl the orange juice, cider vinegar, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper to create a vinaigrette.
- You can now mix the vinaigrette with all the ingredients.
TIP: this salad is way better made one day ahead, just like a slaw.
Moroccan spiced Tabbouleh
– 1/2 cup of couscous
– 1/4 cucumber
– a douzen of cherry tomatoes
– 3 tablespoons of minced coriander
– 3 tablespoons of minced parsley
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of raisins
– Optional : 1 tablespoon of roasted sliced almonds
- Cook your couscous according to the package instructions.
- Cut your cucumber in thin slices and your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Mix in a bowl the cinnamon, cumin, olive oil, salt, pepper to create a vinaigrette.
- Then just mix together with all the ingredients.
Orange cinnamon dessert
– 1 orange
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
– 2 pinch of cinnamon
– Minced mint (1 teaspoon was good for me)
- Cut away peel and pith from the orange, then cut between membranes with a paring knife to release segments. If you prefer, you can also cut your orange in slices (the most beautiful option but it couldn’t work with my box).
- Spread over the orange segments the sugar and orange blossom water and turn to coat.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and minced mint.
You’re good to go!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and see you soon for more lunch ideas!