Who does’nt love pizza? But sometimes it’s nice to give a little twist to the Classics. I love home-made pizzas and it’s so easy to make the dough by yourself! Then you just can let your imagination run! I suggest you this delightful association of figs, ricotta, parma, honey and thyme that won’t disappoint you! It’s also a great recipe for an casual yet elegant dinner party with friends. I’ll also share with you some of my tips for a successfull pizza.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 Large pizza)
For the dough :
– 1 teaspoon of granulated dried yeast
– 2 cups and 2/3 cups of flour + extra flour for keading
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2/3 cup of room temperature water
For the garnishing
– 4 figs, sliced
– 3 parma slices
– 2/3 cup of ricotta
– 1/4 cups of chopped hazelnuts
– 2 tablespoons of liquid honey
– fresh thyme
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– A bunch of arugula, to garnish
- Just mix the different ingredients with your hands and knead it durig at least 15 minutes. Then let the dough rest and rise in a warm place in a covered bowl during at least 1 hour 1/2.
- Then take your dough back and knead it again on a lightly flour covered tabletop during a few minuts.
- Take a foil or baking paper and put your dough on it. Roll it out to get the shape and size of your oven tray.
- Garnish your dough with the figs, parma, and drops of ricotta. You can then sprinkle with the hazelnuts, a little bit of thyme, the honey, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Put your pizza on the warm baking tray in the oven. Of course be very careful because of the high heat!
- After 8 to 15 minuts depending of the heat of your oven, take the pizza out of the oven. I recommend to take it off when the garnishing and the dough begin to be silghtly golden.
- Sprinkle some arugula on your pizza and voilà! Ready to eat!