During ou trip to Chantilly, we stayed at the beautiful Auberge du Jeu de Paume, a 5 star Relais & Châteaux hotel perfectly located just near the Domain and the Castle.
What we loved
- The location is perfect and just a few steps away from the Domain
- The hotel was beautifully decorated in a very classical way.
- The bedrooms were HUGE. We stayed in a Deluxe bedroom and it looked much more like a suite.
- You could also find all these little luxurious details that make a 5 star hotel a 5 star hotel :a minibar with champagne, writing paper, accessories in every closet, a tea and coffee corner, luxurious beauty products in the bathroom, etc.
- I especially loved the bar and the cocktail created for the Flower Show : rose syrup, orange juice, cranberry juice and basil.
- The Valmont spa was beautiful, luxurious, very relaxing. You can find towels and everything you need in the changing room such as make-up remover, hair dryer… You must know that children are only allowed in the spa area during a few hours in the morning.
- The breakfast was nice and up to what you can expect from a 5 star hotel.
- The service was great and helpful.
What could be improved
- We ordered dinner with the room service because we didn’t want to spend a late night in town with our baby. We were a little bit tired and wanted some easy comfort food. I chose a burger and my husband a spaghetti with tomato sauce. We were a little disappointed by our meals. The burger was ok but the pasta were not that good.
- The women’s hammam was closed… so I had to go to the Gentleman’s changing room to find the other hammam… Weird.
- Sadly an incident ruined our night… We were so happy to spend a restful weekend being both very tired between our very full time jobs and our baby who doesn’t like to wake up late. But there was an incident during the night and the fire alarm accidentally triggered. The staff told us that we would receive a mail to apologize for the inconvenience… well, we are still waiting for it but it’s maybe not too late ? 🙂
Besides this little incident, everything was perfect and we had a very nice time there. The location was also a great asset and I highly recommend this hotel if you want to discover the Castle and the area.